[CLUE-Tech] Apache Web Server and VB code

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Sun Apr 7 22:22:26 MDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 05:41:03PM -0600, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> > time duplicating it.  And I hate the way their tools try to do everything for
> > you rather than being easily extended.  But maybe I just haven't been to
> > enough classes to know how to use them.
>
> You mean indoctrinated. :) I can vouch for that, having been to a MS user
> group (c. 1997) and a few of the "free" events in the more recent
> past...that, and if you've ever seen the "developers, developers,
> developers" clip of Ballmer you know that MS events can be, well, a little
> creepy.

Indeed. A former employer of mine was Microsoft's favorite 3rd-party XML/
Web Services guru (interestingly, his company claims to be "The only
vendor-neutral source for XML education" ... yeah, right). I remember
going to a couple of event-planning sessions with him and Microsoft people,
where the expected audience was discussed in terms of being "friendlies"
or otherwise.

Boy, I'm glad I don't work there any more.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA
mgushee at havenrock.com