[CLUE-Tech] Debian: gpm not installing by default

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at itec-co.com
Sat Apr 20 17:06:10 MDT 2002

David,

Not a problem.  However, apt-get does check for the
dependencies and asks if you wish to also install them
as well, if they are missing from a particular package
you wish to install.  Just an FYI.  Worse case, you have
to "manually" install them via source and compile them
(which I hate doing, but have done it), using apt-get.

I would recommend configuring apt-get to go off the
net after you have put things on the machine, then
running

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

which will bring 2.2r3 to ~2.2r6 level.

For ITEC's Install and Config classes, we use
Debian as the last lab to do, since it is not
"simple" compared to other distribution (my
personal $0.02 here) installations.

Good luck, love Debian myself. ;-)

--- Crawford