[CLUE-Tech] Debian: gpm not installing by default

David Jackson david.j.jackson at pickledbeans.com
Sat Apr 20 18:14:12 MDT 2002

Crawford (and others),

Still to not install gpm by default (2.2r3) doesn't make any since??
How do you cut/past from the command line?

As far as apt-get goes, taht assumes I  have ppp up and running?
Which I still don't on Debian? Or Slackware-8.0 for that matter.
Which is a bit of a puzzle since it was working (same ISP) late last year.
But it does work with Redhat? Redhat seem to use "CHAP", PAP always
worked before with Slackware, does Debian support CHAP. My ISP (Web
Connections) may even be using MS-CHAP? I've already fired off a email to them.

Thanks for you response,
David Jackson