[CLUE-Tech] Do these two items exist?

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Thu Apr 25 20:10:18 MDT 2002

Dameron, Gregg wrote:

>I have been unable to find any evidence that there is a Linux version of the Desktop Korn Shell (dtksh).  Is there one?

There are several versions of the Korn shell available to Linux. One is
the pdksh, which is compatible (for the most part) with the KSH88 spec.
It comes, I believe, with Red Hat.

You can also download the Korn shell from AT&T's site, but trying to get
it up and running is a challenge --- one that I have failed several times.

However, I have found that Slackware has a KSH93 compatible version,
available from

    ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-8.0/slakware/ap1

It's the file ksh.tgz. Load it into the / directory, unzip it, and then
use the install.sh script. It will install into /bin.

So far, I haven't had much trouble with it.

BOF