[CLUE-Tech] Is this true?

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Sat Apr 27 01:18:23 MDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 11:11:42PM -0600, Jeffery Cann wrote:

> > There is no reason whatsoever to insult the readers by demeaning their
> > choice of OS or web browsers, which is what the message does.
>
> Did we read two separate messages?

[snip snip]

> I did not see anything that suggests I should be insulted as a Linux or Mac
> user.

Then you must not have seen this:

  If you wish to upgrade to Microsoft's Internet Explorer, please click icon.

Upgrade?

"Insulting" may be in the eye of the beholder, but I'd say the above wording
pretty clearly qualifies as disparaging people's choice of browser.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA
mgushee at havenrock.com