[CLUE-Tech] ISDN Router question.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Aug 14 18:48:50 MDT 2002

Nathan Hokanson wrote:
> Has anyone in the list ever had to configure a NetGear RT328 ISDN
> Router?  I have ISDN at my home (the fastest connection I can get at my
> home) and have been using it successfully for some time except for one
> thing:  I can't seem to configure it to allow for connections coming
> into the network.
>
> I have a set of static IPs that I have purchased as part of the ISP
> package and I have configured the router to have the network IP address.
> I know that this is not a lot of information, but I don't know exactly
> what it is that I am doing wrong.

Well, here's what Netgear says:

"Does any of the NETGEAR router use multiple WAN IP addresses?

Answer:

All of the NETGEAR routers are designed to route only one WAN IP."

So your extra IPs may be wasted.  But you should be able to get
connections on one IP into your LAN.  Probably don't use the network IP
(the one with all the host bits 0) or the broadcast IP (the one with all
the host bits 1) but the others should work.

Does the Netgear do NAT (dnat in netfilter terms)?  If not, do you have
a gateway type box that you can run NAT on?