[CLUE-Tech] Stump the stiffs III: Wrecked MBRs

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Thu Aug 29 13:13:45 MDT 2002

Well, I can help you with LILO to restore it, about Grub, I don't know
it well enough, so maybe somebody can come up with the other half - with
LILO, do this:

Use your emergency boot disk to get back to linux.  Then, edit your
/etc/lilo.conf file to look how you want, and then run:

/sbin/lilo

Do it as root ofcourse, and you're problems are solved!  Yeah, I hate
windows installers always just assuming that I want to use their damned
NTLDR bootloader, which resides on the first partition of a windows box,
when using NT/2k/XP that is.