[CLUE-Tech] ssh and X question (console AIM)

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Sun Dec 8 14:13:16 MST 2002

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:35:58PM -0700, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> I'm aware of vnc, but that's not quite what I want, unfortunately.
>
> The application that would be most nice to "grab" is EveryBuddy. For obvious
> reasons, I can't run it twice. Anyone know of (and use) a commandline IM
> client?

Sean,

If you mean AIM, there is ntaim - functioanl ncurses AIM client.

There are a lot more for ICQ, and a few for jabber - which if your
jabber server is set up right, let's you do any messaging protocol you
want with one client.

centericq - A text-mode ICQ client based on ncurses
micq - text based ICQ client with many features
vicq - A simple, Perl-based ICQ client

tnt - An AIM client for Emacs

imcom - A console jabber client

aloha,