[CLUE-Tech] Earthlink DSL question. - aka sendmail and dialups

David Snyder snyderd at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 14 19:58:35 MST 2002

Dave Anselmi wrote:

Thanks for the leads/tips.  I redoubled my efforts and found this:
http://mail-abuse.org/dul/gateways.htm (RBL apparently is used to
questions like this...)
also this:
http://www.hserus.net/sendmail.html

Which had this useful bit:
define(`SMART_HOST',`myISPMailserver.com')dnl <--- Your ISP's mail
server name goes here
MASQUERADE_AS(myISPDomain.com)dnl  <--- Your ISP's domain name goes here
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(myPersonalDomain.com)
FEATURE(`allmasquerade')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl

This did the trick!

Live and learn, hopefully now this has been posted to the group others
can find it in the future.

Thanks again,

David