[CLUE-Tech] Recommendations for Web Hosting?

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Wed Feb 20 17:40:31 MST 2002

I recommend TechAngle, but I'm notably biased.

'I host all my websites there and find that they provide excellent
support.' -Me

Happily serving PHP and MySQL.

-Dave Hahn
-TechAngle Inc.

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 12:14, Jed S. Baer wrote:

    Greetings folks.

    I'm doing a website for a friend of mine, and could use some
    recommendations on good hosting companies. I've already googled it, and
    the sheer volume of hits I got would take quite a while to sort through.
    So, if anyone has any companies they recommend, I'd appreciate it.

    The site will initially be just a few static pages, but will eventually
    need a database backend, and allow for data-entry and retrieval. So I'll
    need a database, and would prefer PostgreSQL to MySQL, because of the
    increased locking and subquery capabilities. Well, were money not an
    issue, I suppose I'd _really_ prefer Oracle ;-). At this point, I'm
    figuring on PHP for the web interface.

    I'd also like to use a Colorado company, if reasonable.

    Thanks,
    jed
    --
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
     undergo the fatigue of supporting it."