[CLUE-Tech] pricewatch prices in Denver area

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon Feb 25 10:08:46 MST 2002

I agree with you 100% - but even though I try to buy good boards, I end
up getting screwed over.  For example - I had the MSI KT266 board that
allowed DDR ram, etc.  It was rock solid, I loved that board.  Worked
great for me, not a single problem.  Then the KT266A came out - they
claimed stability improvements, speed increases with memory, etc.  So, I
sold my KT266 board and purchased the new one with the red PCB and the
KT266A chipset.  I'm ready to chuck that board out the window it's so
unstable. I read review after review preaching about how the KT266A
chipset is more stable.  I've had nothing but negative issues with VIA
chipsets it seems, the only good one I've ever had is that first MSI
board over the last 5 years.  Not exactly a good track record for VIA in
my opinion.  So, I'm trying to scrounge up some cash to get the dual AMD
MPX board by MSI, and leave the VIA chipsets behind me for good.