[CLUE-Tech] Anyone using Wine?

Jef Barnhart jef at batky-howell.com
Fri Jan 4 09:33:24 MST 2002

That has been one of the drawbacks to wine. They have done remarkable work with getting apps to work. What they have not done is making the software install under WINE. The install under wine is hit and miss.

Most of what you see that people are saying "Works under WINE" is accually installed in Windows. They then boot to Linux or in your case FreeBSD and mount the Windows partition and ran the program.

When I had last played with WINE the releases were hit and miss as to whether the would run the Windows installed programs. You might try to go back to an earlier release of WINE.

Jef