[CLUE-Tech] X Error --> X_SetFontPath

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sat Jan 5 10:44:10 MST 2002

Greetings.

After I installed Mandrake 8.1, I now launch Konsole - the KDE graphical
terminal and receive the following errors:

X Error of failed request:  86
  Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
  Serial number of failed request:  9

I ran chkfontpath and did not receive any errors and I have checked the KDE
bug database.  There are some reports, but they are more dire than mine.

I also removed my .xauth and .Xauthority files in my $HOME and /root
directories and restarted kdm.

This error message has not caused any noticeable problems, but I am stumped.
I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
Jeff