[CLUE-Tech] Hardware Questions

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Mon Jan 14 12:57:45 MST 2002

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Dave Anselmi wrote:
>
>>Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>

>>>I have several machines, but one of them is an Socket A Athlon running at
>>>1GHz. For price/performance, I highly recommend buying AMD. I prefer ASUS
>>>boards, but they're a little higher-priced.
>>>
>>Based on recommendations from tomshardware, I bought a ASUS board (A7V133).  It
>>turns out that they have some broken power management that results in the CPU
>>running hot.  Details here:

I have an A7A266.  I had some heat issues, so I got a box with 7 fans in
it, and now it runs fine.  The only other problem is that the onboard
diagnostics are a little flaky and complain about high temp or low
voltage occasionally.  I mean like for one sample only (one sample per
second) the temp goes from 110F to 285F back to 110F.  It beeps at me then.