[CLUE-Tech] Suse 7.3 Again

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri Jan 25 15:37:00 MST 2002

> Is there a reason why you can't afford to buy the distro?
> I don't want to start a flame war, but if people don't buck up
> for the boxed sets companies like SuSE will go out of business.
>
> Yes, the code is Free, but making packages, creating ISOs,
> documentation and all the other goodies COST MONEY.
>
> Just my thoughts...

I agree, people need to buy the box sets for these companies to stay in
business... that's why a year ago, my company bought SuSe Professional
7.1.  We wanted to set up a snort, mrtg, and ntop box for various
networking tasks. I don't know if any of you have tried running ntop on
a Red Hat (insert any version number here) or SuSe 7.1 system, but for
the life of me, I can't get it to work under Red Hat, and it runs for a
few minutes under SuSe 7.1 - then promptly dies after a few requests on
port 3000 to see the stats.  So, before I rush out and buy another
distro that I can't use, I want to try it.  My company has been great
about buying every version of Red Hat that we use here, I just always
try them out first.
--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com