[CLUE-Tech] Lousy no-good @!$#%@#$% (cracked)

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 28 20:54:15 MST 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> I planned on swapping out this machine, and putting in its place OpenBSD
> (and a very bare installation, at that); now I guess that is higher up on
> the priority list - but in the meantime, I'd like some stopgap measure to
> keep this punk out. I have to at least download the OpenBSD ISO and get some
> hardware in order before I can do what I really need to do to stop this
> nonsense.

Do not do that -- leave that machine up, and (if possible) put another
firewall between it and your network. In other words, set up a honeypot
and see if you can't find out more about the little bastage -- like the IP
that he's coming from, and anything else.

If you can establish who it is, you can (possibly, anyway) file criminal
charges or at least get his account yanked from his ISP, or if he's
coming through a school or university get him kicked out.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
"If there's going to be any future for us, our first invention
must be a meme-killer. We must destroy in ourselves and in
the people around us the meme proclaiming civilization to be
an unsurpassable invention." -- Daniel Quinn