[CLUE-Tech] making use of unused disk space

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Tue Jul 23 19:25:15 MDT 2002

Mark Horning wrote:

 > The one niggle I have seen is that the online (mounted) options have
 > not worked as expected. Apparently they have a little more work to do
 > with that as the device name expected from the LVM commands is
 > different than what the ext2resize command wants but the offline
 > resizing has worked wonderfully.

Ah, that was probably it.  Back in those days I'm not sure I unmounted
things before I messed with them.  I guess I still forget
sometimes--might be nice if it just said "get clue" instead of messing
up the LVM data.  I didn't ever lose anything, just couldn't use the LVM
commands after things broke.

I'll take a look again sometime.