[CLUE-Tech] Stopping freakin' spam on the mailman lists

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Jul 25 02:51:43 MDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 05:36:11PM -0600, Jeffery C. Cann wrote:
>spam automatically.  However, as one of the list adminstrators, I am annoyed
>because each attempt by a spam bot to post to the list results in a message
>for me to authorize the non-subscriber's post.

Mailing list manager...  It's a tough job, but somebody said you had to do
it.

Get minions.  Select a few people to deal with it, we do that on the BLUG
list with success.  There's also a spamassassin patch in the mailman patch
manager on sourceforge, and we're running that with success.  I think you
can tell it to drop spam, but we have it hold the message for moderator
dealing.

Sean
--
 "Of course," said my grandfather, pulling a gun from his belt as he
 stepped from the Time Machine, "There's no paradox if I shoot YOU!"