[CLUE-Tech] Calendar on KDE desktop

charlie oriez coriez at oriez.org
Sun Jun 16 22:36:28 MDT 2002

A few days ago Mike Staver raised the question:

"1) The calendar feature.  I like sendmail for linux a lot, and know it
well.  Is there a way to set up a calendar feature with sendmail using
netscape messenger?  Or is there some other mail client that people like
for windows that plays nice with a linux mail server?"

At yesterday's installfest I upgraded from the Mandrake 8.0 distro to the 8.2
distro.  Included in the KDE desktop for 8.2 is a calendar function that has
the look and feel of Outhouse's calendar.  I see no apparent differences in
either how it looks or how it works, so far.

I havent played with it alot yet.

I use kmail as my mail client.

Korganizer interacts with Konqueror and also has a Palm interaction (Palm doc
not yet written).  It supports hot keys and drag-n-drop.  I've dragged /
dropped from kmail.  It also supports file import from lcal and outlook.

Also:

My ISP (Nilenet.com) uses FreeBSD rather than linux.  However, my wife seems
to have no problems using Outlook with it.  They also have Sendmail as their
mail server.  The only problem I have had accessing them with a Windows set
of clients is that wordpad/notepad put funky control characters in my
.procmailrc file which cause the logfile to be not found when I try to get it
or delete it.

Specs:

KDE release is v2.2.2
Korganizer release is v2.2.1
Doc and download link is at http://korganizer.kde.org/

HTH

charles oriez          coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
"You want us to hit delete.  A blocking list is basically a diesel delete
key.  A blocking list is the bulk delete response to unwanted bulk email.
When we use a blocking list, we are hitting delete, as you ask us to
do.  Why do you object?"  -- David Canzi