[CLUE-Tech] Sybase versions

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri Jun 28 15:54:27 MDT 2002

On Friday 28 June 2002 09:39 am, Dan Harris wrote:

> The main feature I'd hate to lose is the automatic database sizing.  As
> DB's grow on MSSQL, it automatically grows the database.  In older versions
> you had to monitor how much space was left on "the device" and expand it
> manually.. that was really annoying.

Borland's Interbase has automatic db sizing, runs on Linux, and the 6.0.1
version is 'free' to use.  6.5 (latest) version is not.  Firebird, the
Interbase open source fork, based on 6.0.1 is obviously 'free' as well.

I have run IB on Linux and Windows and found it to be reliable -- never, ever
crashes -- although my databases are not under heavy loads.

My 0.02
Jeff