[CLUE-Tech] Sybase versions

Dan Harris coronadh at coronasolutions.com
Fri Jun 28 18:13:39 MDT 2002

I'd be interested in looking at those sometime.   I have pretty much decided
to go with PostgreSQL eventually, but unfortunately I have LOTS of code that
is made to talk to SQLServer right now.  It seems that any new DB, with the
exception of Sybase will require a rewrite of a lot of code.  I'm looking for
the quickest way to progress away from MSSQL/Windows.   If I can drop
Sybase/Linux in tomorrow to replace MSSQL then that will be a MAJOR step
forward for me!  I'm not so keen on running an outdated version of Sybase but
after talking with their sales dept, the licensing costs for my unique
application would be completely out of our budget.  But, if it works well as
a stop-gap measure on the way to pgsql, that would be acceptable too.

BTW, I have a database table with 100 million rows by 5 columns.  Anyone
pushed pgsql to that kind of limit yet?

-Dan