[CLUE-Tech] Qwest, DSL and Linux/BSD?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Sun Jun 30 22:08:55 MDT 2002

<snip>
Thanks for all the suggestions from everyone.

A few more questions:

1. How "dynamic" is your IP if you don't pay for a static one? Ever since
the changeover from @Home to AT&T, my so-called "dynamic" IP has not changed
- not that I'm complaining. Also, does anyone here have any troubles with
being always-on? I don't want to be always dialing and getting dropped and
such...I want it to be always on, if possible. I've heard that with certain
plans from Qwest, they drop the connection after a set amount of time. Is
this true?

2. Is the Cisco 678 easy to set up for certain incoming services like SSH?
Do you just forward to a box that handle SSH?

3. What order of calls did you make: preferred ISP, and then Qwest, or vice
versa?

Cheers,

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome