[CLUE-Tech] lm_sensors

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Mar 12 10:51:18 MST 2002

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Staver <staver at fimble.com> writes:

Mike> Alright, I'm sure this has been asked before, and maybe even by
Mike> me, but I still have yet to find a good set of instructions on
Mike> how to use lm_sensors with Red Hat 7.2.  I have several boxes
Mike> that I would like to monitor the cpu temps on, but this seems
Mike> like a very complex little program to set up.  Can anyone point
Mike> me to a good set of step by step instructions on how to do this?

If you are using RedHat 7.2, and the stock RedHat kernel, all you need
to do is:

/usr/sbin/sensors-detect

and go through and answer the questions (you can just hit returns if
you like and select the default answer for each question).

After it's done it will tell you to add some lines to
/etc/modules.conf.

Then you can run 'sensors' and it should give you the output of all
the sensors it found.

You will need the lm_sensors-2.5.5-6 pakage.

kevin
--
Kevin Fenzi
MTS, tummy.com, ltd.