[CLUE-Tech] ktelnet

Charlie Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Mon Mar 18 13:41:41 MST 2002

I'm running ktelnet v0.7b1 (KDE 2.1.1) which I got with Mandrake v8.0
when I enter ktelnet from the console command line I get

[root at localhost /root]# ktelnet
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

I get the GUI, but when I click on connect I get:
Unknown child process xxxx died

(with xxxx varying, of course)

When I try to enter from the kde desktop via networking/remote access
I get another dead child process without the added info
from console window.  Nothing in syslog or messages.

My ktelnet.sessions file has
logfile=ktelnet.log

I get an error message that the log appears to be executable,
although I have it set to user writable/world readable but not
executable.  It resides in my root directory, which is my PWD when I
am trying to execute this.  If I remove the logfile entry I dont get
the alert message about it being executable, but get no further in
actually executing telnet.

Ideas?

Charles Oriez      coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
"Gentlemen, it's in beta.  That means it's like Windows.  They're
letting you test it while they continue to screw it up until it's
totally useless."
(Bigg Fredd in RCC talking about Google's temporary interface to the
deja archives)