[CLUE-Tech] Alpha Redux

Jeremy Huber jhuber at fallenknight.org
Mon May 6 22:20:00 MDT 2002

> Also: Did anyone install RH on theirs, and what did you boot from? I've
not
> been able to boot and then install from either CD or floppy. If I try to
> boot from CD, I get errors and it basically can't load image. From floppy,
> get either an error from anaconda, or else anaconda just hangs (the point
at
> which this happens varies).

(Sorry for the late reply.. been on vacation)

Once I figured out SRM, Redhat 7.1 went on happily.  I highly suggest the
SRM way over the MILO way.  I can try to find the sites I used for help if
need be.

As for the sound card, it's working now too, but on mine I had to run a
command in the SRM to "enable" it that doesn't show up in the help list.  I
happened upon it on accident.

This is probably not much help. :)  What's this about no more Alpha support
from RH?  First Sparc, now this?

Jeremy