[CLUE-Tech] Sawfish questions

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon May 13 10:59:53 MDT 2002

> Ctrl-C (copy)/Ctrl-X (cut)/Ctrl-V (paste) work in Gnome applications.
> Maybe even in just Gtk applications. Shift-{movement} works to highlight
> text most of the time.

Ok, thanks, I'll try that again.  The last time I tried this with the
terminal program, it didn't work.  And yep, just tried it in gnome with
gnome terminal, and it doesn't work.  Very annoying since the majority
of my time is spent in this program.  This doesn't surprise me as
cntrl-c can be used in programs like pico to show the line number, so I
can kind of see how it would not be good to set this up as a shortcut
key combo with terminal.

> > 2) It's very annoying for me to have my monitor go blank after like 10
> > minutes of no usuage. I want my screen saver to show instead.  It does
> > this whether I'm just at a console or in linux.  What service is this
> > and how can I shut it off?
>
> There are some possible combinations going on here. DPMS will blank your
> screen, and I think it's on by default in XFree86. Fer example, from my
> /etc/X11/XF86Config:
>
>     Option "blanktime"    "9"
>     Option "standbytime"  "10"
>     Option "suspendtime"  "15"
>     Option "offtime"      "20"

Well, I'd just like to restress that this isn't just an X thing - it
happens when my box is just at the console login, so I don't think
editing the Xconfig settings will help, am I right?  I thought it would
be the apmd service, but that apparently isn't it.  As far as my screen
saver goes, I do think the app used to display them is fairly buggy, but
it works for me - when I can tell it's running before my monitor goes
black that is.  I really wish I knew how to make it stop doing that....
--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com
                                 mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com