[CLUE-Tech] Opera 6

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Fri May 17 04:43:55 MDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002 15:16:45 -0600 Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 08:55:37AM -0600, charlie oriez wrote:
> >Anyone install Opera 6 yet? Any feedback?
>
> It puts the "Uck" in "Sucks"...  I tried it last night and things I
> didn't like:
>
>    It crashed after less than half an hour use.  In comparison,
>    Galeon
>          has been re-started once in the last 30 days on my main
>          box.
>    It takes up quite a bit of screen real-estate, leaving little for
>    the
>          content.
>
> The only thing I really like about Opera is that moving back and
> forward between pages is *REALLY* fast.  Galeon will do a re-load of
> some content(probably because the remote site has a really agressive
> expiry time), where Opera keeps a rendered copy of the page.
>
> Galeon is really sweet.  6 months ago when I last tried Opera, I
> almost switched over to it.  Last night, I deleted it after it
> crashed and just went back to using Galeon...

And here's the contra report.

I've neve gotten opera 6 (static linked qt)  to crash, but galeon
1.2.1 is so unstable that I stopped using it.  galeon particularly
likes to crap out when you update settings.  I'm now using mozilla
1.0-rc1 (no crashes so far).

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.19+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla