[CLUE-Tech] A small request for the list.

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Sun May 26 09:21:34 MDT 2002

On 05-23 12:51, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2002 12:39:32 -0600
> bof <bof at pcisys.net> wrote:
>
> > Jed S. Baer wrote:
<snip>
> > Yeah, I try to put my comments next to what was pertinent. I'll follow
> > that practice. But as you can see, for some reason, Mozilla doesn't
> > allow a clean snip and insists on placing several blank lines into the
> > message if I cut out the beginning part of it.
>
> I haven't run across an e-mailer that doesn't have some quirks in that
> area. Seems that quoting, etc., are just going to continue to be issues.
> Worst I've ever seen is lotus notes (when mailing externally).

FWIW, I haven't noticed any serious quirks in Mutt (yet), and I can tend to
be rather picky about a mailer, since it's one of the most used apps, if not
THE most. I'm still very much the neophyte, but one thing I like about Mutt
(or maybe vim, really) is the "gqap" macro that will fix wrapping for a
whole paragraph.

I've even considered switching to Mutt at work, running under Cygwin, since
we aren't using Exchange. Everyone at work is currently using Outlook/OE,
which are badly written, have a looooong startup time, and have a huge
memory footprint to boot. The only thing stopping me is that just lately
some folks have been using it to schedule meetings and such, and I don't
know how well Mutt would interact with that. Anyone here have experience
with Mutt at work in an M$ world?

<deletia>

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome