dhcp on debian (was: [CLUE-Tech] Building Kernel w/Debian)

Randy Arabie rrarabie at potter.arabie.org
Wed Oct 16 06:48:25 MDT 2002

On Tuesday, 15 October 2002 at 20:29:59 -0600, Matt Gushee wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 08:05:21PM -0600, Randy Arabie wrote:
> >
> > I may have some questions regarding dhcp on debian.  While I set it up in the
> > install, it is not grabbing an ip on reboot.  I've got some RTFM to do first,
> > before I pose a question.
>
> Well, if you figure it out, I'd like to know, because I still haven't
> managed to get DHCP working. Maybe it's the same problem. Hey, Dave
> Anselmi! Are you listening? This is proof that I'm not crazy!

Hopefully I'll have time to do some troubleshooting tonight.  First I've got
to work my way through the my network config on the host, then if I don't find
the problem there I'll have to rummage through the logs on the dhcp server and
perhaps set up a sniffer to watch the traffic.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/