[CLUE-Tech] Home network question

Adam A. G. Shamblin signal9 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 18 07:32:07 MDT 2002

Well, you could run samba on all your machines and setup workgroups! :^P

At this point in a conversation about dhcp, I usually ask why it is necessary to run dhcp on such a small network.  On my own network, where every machine ultimately offers some sort of service, I never saw dhcp as useful beyond an academic exercise.