[CLUE-Tech] Bul k Email Question

David Guntner davidg at akaMail.com
Sat Oct 19 02:06:53 MDT 2002

Jeffery Cann grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> I have created a PHP email form for a newbie to send out a bulk email to their
> list of email addresses in their database (don't worry, it's opt-in).

You have confirmed this, how?

> In testing this form there is a long delay as the SMTP server accepts about
> 1000 emails into its queue.  Sometimes the browser wants to time out because
> there is no output until all email addresses have been processed.
>
> Is there some way I can prevent the stalling from happening?

Why not simply set up a nice mailing list for him?  Mailman is a really
nice package that is easy to set up, and gives the list members a web-based
interface (they can also issue commands via E-Mail if they want) for
managing their list membership options, etc.

It would probably save you both a lot of hassle... :-)

                  --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!
 http://www.akaMail.com/pgpkey/davidg or key server