[CLUE-Tech] Convert PDF to HTML

Paul Bille Paul at eBille.cudenver.edu
Tue Apr 1 21:46:23 MST 2003

Jed > "pdf2html just outputs each page as a PNG and wraps HTML around
it, AFAICT."

Ycch!  That's a terrible waste of bandwidth, pushing around a large
graphic like that.

I generally convert PDF to HTML manually.  I wish I had a better
recommendation but there are some big differences that distinguish HTML
and PDF, particularly with regard to fonts.  HTML uses whatever fonts
are installed on the host machine     and it allows dynamic formatting.
It's not nearly as controlled an environment as PDF.

Good Luck,
Paul

P.S.  Send me a note if you have some money to spend and would like me
to do the conversion for you.