[CLUE-Tech] mpeg video cropping tool

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Aug 4 08:45:56 MDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 09:11, Dale K. Hawkins wrote:
> I am looking for a good (or even "bad") tool for cropping mpeg videos
> under Linux.  I have a couple of short "movies" which I shot with my
> digital camera.  The movies play just fine under Linux, but I would
> like to cut the movies a bit.  Anyone have any experience with this
> sort of thing?  I am looking for a Debian package (being lazy and
> all), but at this point I will gladly take whatever I can get.

Look at DVD::Rip and Transcode.  You're looking for a NLE (Non-Linear
Editor) for video.  There are a few other projects out there that might
work.  MainActor is supposed to be good but I haven't seen its new
release yet for Linux.  It's a commercial product, however.

For other packages, see the Video Editors section of the Muse Catalog:
http://www.graphics-muse.com/cgi/gmcat.pl?id=92

--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>