[CLUE-Tech] Could it be the Hard Drive?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Aug 26 21:49:18 MDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:19:34 -0600
"Gary Threlkeld" <gthrelk at comcast.net> wrote:

> Need to low-level format the drive using the hard drive vendor's program
> and then
> try again with your OS of choice - obviously LINUX.

That seems very extreme to me. Without knowing specifics on the hardware,
I wouldn't recommend it, and even then, it'd be my absolutely last-ditch
thing to do.

Disk Druid will do the job of creating partitions and putting a filesystem
on them. If there's any issue with "residue" from having Windoze on the
box (which I can't imagine anyway), it'll be overwritten or be just left
over in "empty" space on the drive. I other words, it's a non-issue.

jed