[CLUE-Tech] Installing Bugzilla on RedHat9 ?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Dec 4 11:04:59 MST 2003

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> CPAN is nice and all, but using it to install things on a system with
> another package management system (redhat, debian) leads to
> maddness. ;)

Oooh.. yeah.

> cpan2flute perlModule-whatever-version.tar.gz
>
> and it will generate a perl-whatever-version.src.rpm
>
> rpmbuild --rebuild perl-whatever-version.src.rpm
> and you get a rpm of the perl module.

Oh *very* cool trick Kevin.  Thanks for sharing!

I want to install RequestTracker 3.x (www.bestpractical.com/rt) on a box
and was avoiding it because the Perl dependencies are true hell for that
program, but it does work very well once installed.

Now I have a way to give it a try without completely blowing up the perl
packaging... happy happy.

Nate, nate at natetech.com