[CLUE-Tech] CDROM Tray won't open

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Dec 13 14:16:14 MST 2003

* David Anselmi (anselmi at americanisp.net) wrote:
> Randy Arabie wrote:
> [...]
> >I'll pop the case open and have a look at the cables sometime this
> >weekend.  For
> >the moment, there's some brew callin'...I gotta go take care of that :-)
>
> While you're at it you can remove the CDROM and open it up.  Shouldn't
> be too hard but you have to be a little careful to get the front panel
> (plastic) and the case (metal) off in the right order.
>
> Then you can play with how it opens and closes with the front button and
> the paperclip and see if there are any obvious mechanical problems.  And
> sometimes just letting it know you're serious fixes things ;-)

I always take broken things apart, looking for the big 'On-Off' toggle
switch that happened to get flipped to 'Off.'  I never find it :-(

I actually have a DVD right now that won't eject either, but even the
paperclip trick fails.  When one tries to eject it, it rattles a bit,
but nothing else.  It must be dead.  One of these days I will get around
to dismantling it and looking for that toggle switch.

Tim