KNOPPIX -> was [CLUE-Tech] CD burning

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Feb 14 21:49:01 MST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:24:54 -0700
"Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:45:23 -0700
> Collins <erichey2 at attbi.com> wrote:
>
> > On Friday 14 February 2003 11:41 am, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > >
> > > I just dl'd Knoppix using a friend's machine (Cable modem --
> > > woohoo).
> > >
> > > I followed the instruction here
> > > http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix/docs/HOWTO-burn/ for burning
> > > using Nero. The CD isn't bootable
> > windows.  Did you check the md5sums on what you downloaded?  What sort
> > of error messages do you get when it fails to load?
> I think the floppy is toast.
> Guess I'll (groan) boot the M$ box and rewrite the boot floppy.

I re-made the floppy. System now boots from it, and after the splash
screen goes away, I have:

Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit

Additional builtin commands ... (snipped)

knoppix#

So, I guess the CD is a coaster, albeit one which can be mounted/read just
fine.

Groan.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl