[CLUE-Tech] Feedback for new tool turn key bandwidth limiting... (second try)

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Feb 19 09:05:47 MST 2003

Art Reisman wrote:
> I posted this once before, at a time when there was no
> traffic for 3 days with this group, and I suspect
> there was something wrong with the mail server?
> Because I received no feedback whatsoever. So with
> apologies up front if you have seen this before...

Did you look in the archives?  Did you get your first post via the list?
  If the message is in either place there is a good chance that it went out.

I saw your post the first time.  I don't have time at the moment to look
into this topic further.  You might look into BLUG or FRUUG, there may
be more interest there.

You might consider talking to Lynn Danielson about giving a presentation
at one of our meetings.  A demo of bandwidth shaping does not seem very
interesting to me (look, now it's fast, now it's slow) but maybe there
is more to it than that.  I would be interested in a presentation on how
your tool works, how it was built, and how it saves money, as long as
the analysis is rigorous.

Are you aware of the Click Modular Router Project?  It seems like a tool
that would be useful to build an application like yours.

I hope to hear you talk soon.