[CLUE-Tech] [CLUE TALK] Using Open Source for commercial purposes

rknech at pcisys.net rknech at pcisys.net
Thu Jan 2 09:08:37 MST 2003

Currently the company I work for uses Apache for our webserver and my group is
trying to put together a business case for implimenting an Open Source solution
corporate wide. Go to using Tomcat etc..  One big thing I am trying to find out
is  there an issue with using Open Source software for comercial purposes.  Say
using Apache, Tomcat etc.. for a comercial website.  Does anyone know any good
url's that have information on this or can anyone directly point me to a good
url that can answer this question.  We already use Apache, xerces, castor, we
have one "test website" up and running on Tomcat, this site was originally a
Webshere/Visual Age for Java website.  Now running in Tomcat.  We use ATG's
Dynamo for the main website, and my group would like to move to tomcat and using
JSP.

Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks,