[CLUE-Tech] kppp and Americanisp.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun Jan 26 14:37:59 MST 2003

I was dialing in to Amreicanisp with kppp the other day and it seems
flaky.  When I set this machine up a while back it worked fine and now
it doesn't.  Any amisp customers have a script that works?

The script I'm using has a loop start, sends login and password, and the
loop ends when it sees PPP.  The remote end used to start ppp after a
successful login.

Now after the login and password I get a terminal server prompt and ppp
doesn't start.  If I try to send "ppp" or "PPP" I get a "no permission"
error.  Starting pppd on my end when the prompt comes up doesn't seem to
help.

The odd thing is that after I get the prompt, time out, and redial
(sometimes more than once), eventually I get a ppp connection.  It seems
in that case that there isn't a login or password required, just ppp
starting as soon as I connect.

Any CLUEs?