[CLUE-Tech] CD burning

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Wed Jan 29 11:34:53 MST 2003

I think it's the "-l" switch that you need to use.  These are the
switches I tend to use:  mkisofs -dlLr  or mkisofs -dlJ

-d to get rid of the trailing dot
-l for long file names (UNIX & Windows)
-L to allow file names beginning w/ dot (UNIX)
-r for Rock Ridge extensions (UNIX)
-J for Joliet extensions (Windows)

You can make an image with both Rock Ridge & Joliet extensions,
but if I'm planning to ever use the disc under windows, I just
use Joliet.  If it's strictly Unix/Linux CD then I use Rock
Ridge.

Fwiw,

Lynn