[CLUE-Tech] RE: Stops crashing

Hani Duwaik hduwaik at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 13:52:56 MDT 2003

Oddly enough, I spent Sunday reinstalling RH Linux on my Athlon 1500+
system.  Initially, I had RH 8.0 and everything was fine, yesterday I
installed RH 9.0 and actually started seeing problems.

Most notably was my browser.  I chose to use Netscape 7.02.  When I had
initially installed it in RH 8.0, I didn't have any problems with it.
With RH 9.0, however, after a few minutes it would freeze and I'd have
to kill the process.

I went ahead an upgraded to Netscape 7.1 and now everything seems fine.
 I can't explain it.

If anyone knows why, I'd be interested to hear the explanation...

-Hani

P.S.:  I also learned that the default installation of Adobe Acrobat
Reader doesn't work with RH 9.0 unless you change the LANG
environmental variable ... wonder what else changed between RH 8 and RH 9