[CLUE-Tech] Stops crashing

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Mon Jul 21 16:54:54 MDT 2003

On Monday 21 July 2003 09:59, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> The best thing to do, IMHO, is to keep separate partitions for your
> /home directory and possibly /opt and /usr/local and simply overwrite
> the rest.

I'll second that.  Here's an example -- my home workstation has had no less
than 5 different linux installs. Because I have different partitions for /,
/home, /usr, and /opt, I can easily install a new version or distribution
because I tell the installer not to format my /home partition.

In fact, I just installed (last night)  Red Hat 9.0 over my previous Mandrake
8.2 (which was an upgrade of 8.1...).  No problems with rhat -- However; i
don't use evolution - Kmail works for me!

Jeff

--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."