[CLUE-Tech] extranet

Keith Christian keithchristian at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 09:30:38 MDT 2003

Hi Jesse,

If a scripted telnet client would help (automate logins, grep log files, etc.
etc.) you should look at Kermit, which has a full blown scripting language
built-in.  Scripting info here: http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckscripts.html

Kermit plus a few scripts would ease the situation quite a bit I think.

As for the web interface, I can't see how that would help until after the
client machines had been contacted and the relevant info downloaded to a local
source (again, dump the output of grep /var/log/messages, etc. to a text file
with the Kermit client, then analyze that on the local machine and feed the
output to Apache.)

======Keith