[CLUE-Tech] extranet

Paul Bille Paul at eBille.cudenver.edu
Wed Jul 23 15:31:13 MDT 2003

> "I want to create a web interface . . ."
> "I can create perl scripts and use cgi, but I am hoping there might be
something available more
specifically designed for my situation."

Jesse,

If you want to create a web interface to automate routine tasks on the
server, CGI is the way to do it.  If I understand your goal correctly,
CGI is specifically designed for your situation.  There are of course
security considerations when using CGI and a web interface to administer
a server however it'll do the job if you design your application
corrctly.

Paul