[CLUE-Tech] Creating CD distros?

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Wed Jun 4 14:29:02 MDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:07:21PM -0700, Art Reisman wrote:

> Basically I want to automate all the steps in the
> howto that I have to do now to build an arbitrator.
> I want to eliminate the  make menu config options,
> patching the kernel and rebuild steps, that users have
> to do now.

Maintaining a customized kernel, huh? That's brave. Do your
modifications have to be built into the kernel itself, or could they
live in one or more modules? It's one thing to build a kernel for a
single machine, but I suspect it is an enormous amount of work to build
a kernel that will work reliable on a variety of different hardware. If
you distributed a package of modules, much of that work could be
avoided.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.