UNSUBSCRIBE YOURSELF, was [CLUE-Tech] Please Unsubscribe

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 10 13:23:39 MDT 2003

I didn't follow the thread all that closely, but I'm not sure it's not
as clear as you think.  Saying, "I would do this,"  doesn't necessarily
mean that someone else will think or do in the same fashion.  For
example there are a lot of lists where you do just send and email saying
"unsubscribe" and then somehow you get taken off the list.

I'm a retired teacher, and know for a fact that many people have
difficulty following directions.  You could actually be in the same room
watching the same computer and say, "Click on the link at the bottom of
the screen." and the person you are talking to still might not see it.
 They might not know how to use the scroll bar, and be completely
ignorant of a wheel mouse.   I was trying to help a guy, and he didn't
know what a "link" was or for that matter that you could even "click" on
it.  I have seen school teachers who honestly had great difficulty even
running a mouse.  If you don't think all this is true just watch a
"handicapped" Mac user try to use Windows, or watch them try to use the
KDE desktop set in the single click mode.

In all honesty Mac users seem to be the most lame, and completely
unadaptable to any new circumstance.  I saw a long time Mac user with a
doctorate in math become completely confused and frustrated by the
"Windows" style task bar.  He claimed you couldn't see what applications
were open, and became lost when trying to switch documents when more
than one was open at a time.  He couldn't understand a file "tree" and
hence stored everything on his "desktop." Even his Mac was a complete
mess with a multitude of documents stored right on his computer "desktop."