[CLUE-Tech] ALSA Install# rpm -qa | grep gcc

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 12 16:02:17 MST 2003

It's not a laptop.  I just did a complete reinstall as this is just sort
of experimental at this point.  I have all the development packages now,
but I'm not sure about kernel source.  I missed on the screen resolution
and tried to reset it with the Mandrake Control Center, but that
"feature" is broken too.  I can't really change the resolution with
their alleged tool.  I suppose I might be able to hand edit the
"XF86config" file.  Otherwise I might just do yet another reinstall.
In spite of all these complaints, the look of Mandrake is superb.  Also
this is only a release candidate, not the release.  I know RedHat says
don't attempt to use their betas.  I may try Gentoo again.  I tried last
year but had some sort of compiler error at that time too.  I could also
work harder at the Knoppix HD install, although I see problems with that
too.  I tried Libranet 2.7 yesterday, but it was just too primative
after Mandrake's eye candy.  I would be rather pleased with Mandrake if
it had sound.  As for the screen resolution, I don't change that once
it's set properly so that isn't much of an issue.