[CLUE-Tech] Best distro for Linux firewall duties

Russell Glissmann rglissmann at rfgsolutions.com
Mon Mar 17 09:27:55 MST 2003

Hello;
Since there has been such a discussion on various distros, can someone
suggest one that is particularly suited for security duties.  By
security I'm looking for firewall, VPN, NAT, and DHCP possibly.  I
looking to put this on an old system, probably only Pentium 200, or
maybe slightly better.  I realize all distros have this capability, but
I have seen that there are some designed from the outset to be just for
firewalls, rather than server or desktop solutions.
Obviously if one of the standard can be configured to meet my
requirements, that is not a problem.  I have played with RH 7.3, but
there is just too much other crap to comes with it to be truly secure.

Thanks!
--
Russell Glissmann <rglissmann at rfgsolutions.com>