[CLUE-Tech] swap partition

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun May 4 11:26:30 MDT 2003

On Sat, 3 May 2003 21:41:38 -0600
Match Grun <match at dimensional.com> wrote:

> You can use fdisk or cfdisk to create a new partition on your hard disk.
> There may be other partitioning tools that are also available.

Remember also that Linux can use a file for swap.

$ /sbin/swapon -s
Filename                        Type            Size    Used    Priority
/dev/hdc7                       partition       72252   1736    -1
/SWAP                           file            262136  0       -2

Hmmm, doesn't look like I need it much at the moment, eh? I guess it
doesn't help Angelo's problem specifically, but keep it in mind if you
need more swap on a system, but don't have any spare disk space for
another partition, or just don't want to mess with resizing a partition.

jed
BTW, no, I don't remember the exact command for doing this -- so RTFM. ;-)
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl